We are happy to announce that update 1.8 is now live on Xbox One, PS4, Steam and GOG!
We are aware of a specific issue that was specifically affecting PS4 users where there was a chance of the game crashing upon arriving in the Parade District, this issue has now been fixed with this update.
This patch contains performance optimizations, crash fixes, fixes for progression blockers, fixes for gameplay and UI bugs, and localization fixes. Most importantly, this patch includes a significant improvement to the memory used in the game, fixing crashes and bugs that were happening in the Parade District on all platforms but especially on PS4.
• Fixed a crash that was happening when the player would greet another character while they had equipped pickup.
• Fixed out of memory crash that would occur on certain world seeds in the Parade District.
• Fixed "Busy" warning message when trying to either "Quit" or "Return to the main menu" while in an area of the game where it is not possible to save. “Cannot save” text now clarifies that saving is disabled in these areas.
• Fixed a bug where characters could get stuck inside NPCs when shoving them in a corner and crouching inside them when they get up.
• Fixed UI message prompts when quitting a DLC game that were misleading, as it appeared to the player that progress had not been saved.
• Fixed Game Settings: Lighting no longer restores to "medium" upon restarting game.
• Fixed heavy flickering when selecting a DLC icon with the mouse and changing the selection with the keyboard.
• Fixed pressing Back and Confirm simultaneously in the Arcade or DLC menus led to a story menu that has no background.
• Fixed the absence of background image or music on game details page on function screen.
• Fixed some settings reverting to their default value after restarting the game.
• Fixed subtitles being truncated with certain settings.
• Fixed when choosing the "Revert Changes" option in the HUD option menu, the joy HUD icon was set to off by default.
• Freeform: Fixed the Gameplay sub-window getting cropped when choosing High NPC Density on certain languages.
• Freeform: Fixed the description of the mode being truncated when playing in 21:9.
• Freeform: Moving between the white backyard tables and the stone wall behind them no longer causes Arthur to remain permanently trapped.
• Freeform: All item names in the Crafting Menu with a status effect icon in their descriptions are no longer truncated.
• Freeform: While in the Holy Yam zone, you can no longer see under the map.
• Freeform: Fatigue, hunger and thirst meters used not to deplete once they were filled to 100%, but they now do.
• Freeform: Total Score stat is now accurate on End Match screen.
• All modes: Island names are now localized.
• Freeform: Starting a game as a character other than Arthur, and then starting another new game as Arthur now actually starts with Arthur instead of the first character chosen.
• Survival: Hunger and Thirst survival needs now fully deplete on the easy difficulty.
• Survival: Current location is now displayed in all languages.
• Survival: Strings are no longer truncated in the Crafting Screen.
• Survival: Introduction text is no longer truncated.
• Survival: Floating phone booths no longer spawn in the Garden District.
• Survival: Islands can no longer be generated with several holes inside them.
• Survival: The "Boat Capacitors" are no longer referred to as "Power Cells" in the final statistics screen.
• All modes: Island names no longer change or are no longer missing after the first Save/Load.
• All modes: Subtitles from Arthur death screen can no longer be seen overlapping the game over screen when playing in another language than English.
• Wellie mode: The description of the mode is now completely inside the text box when playing in 21:9.
• Wellie mode: The end of round tip telling the player to enter a popper no longer persists to the next night.
• Arthur - Cult of Jack: Looting one chest before triggering the cutscene with the fake Uncle Jack no longer causes the quest to be impossible to complete.
• Arthur - Future Perfect: Returning to the main menu as the “Get the Frammistat” objective appears no longer causes the player to load back in without an objective active.
• Arthur - An Awkward Courtship: The Cleaver no longer spawns during the first phase of the Encounter and so cannot be picked up and break progression.
• Arthur - Joy Factory: FPS no longer gets very low when near the green goo being released to the right-side of the Joy Factory.
• Arthur - Parade - Future Perfect: Dying right after talking to the director no longer causes multiple issues leading to progression breaks.
• Arthur - Slaughterer's Apprentice: Performing a save/load while the package is mounted and ready to sabotage no longer prevents mounting the package again.
• Arthur - Sandbox - Survival: NPCs cannot close the metal shutter of the rear entrance of Lawrence Residence anymore when they lose aggro and return to their position.
• Arthur - Mother's Little Helper: Performing a save/load after interacting with the diary but before defeating Mrs Chaney no longer prevents the player from completing the quest.
• Ollie - No Place like Home: Dying right after giving Victoria her pills no longer causes the player to get stuck on the Death screen.
• Ollie - The Jack-o-Bean Club: Streaming out the encounter instead of picking up the fire extinguisher no longer causes it to be non-interactive.
• Sally - So Foul and Faraday: Fixed issue preventing Nick's Hideout from being accessed on a specific worldseed.
• Sally - Don't Cry Over Tinned Milk: Dying near Lionel's shop after speaking to him no longer causes the game to crash.
• Sally - Don't Cry Over Tinned Milk: Dying near Sally's alley after crafting baby milk no longer causes the game to crash.
• Sally - Millihelen: Returning to the Main menu as the Cultists start to drink a poisoned cup, no longer causes the game to crash.
• Sally - Bad Dreams: Performing a save/load inside Mr. Ramsay's house no longer causes Sally to respawn under the terrain and die.
• Added graphic options. Gamma can now be adjusted.
• Game now pauses when minimized.
Playstation 4 Only
• Added graphic options. Gamma can now be adjusted.
• Arthur - A Malpractice of Doctors: the game no longer frequently crashes when save game option is greyed out over an extended period of game play and navigating through the DSIR.
• Platinum Trophy is now localized.
• "Jack The Nipper" weapon electricity particle effect no longer draws a vertical line when the player swings.
• The camera no longer clips through the Bee Cannon while the player harvests bees.
• Trophy Pack for DLC is no longer labeled incorrectly.
• Balloons now have the correct texture.
• Survival: Black terrain textures no longer appear through the world on PS4.
• We have identified an issue where the navmesh generation sometimes hits the maximum number of tiles, which can cause NPCs to behave in strange ways (including potentially blocking progression). This has been fixed on PC but is still live - although rare - on PS4 and Xbox One. It can be fixed by returning to the menu and reloading your save. We are preparing a small hotfix with the intent of fixing this issue next week.
Discuss this post here