arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

Limited number of deaths with permadeath off?

In a previous playthrough, I could have sworn I had my permadeath setting off (pretty sure I did unless it always resets to "permadeath on" betwen playthroughs) and yet I died permanently.
Fast forward after a few restarts, I'm on this playthrough with permadeath off, and I die once, hold my breath hoping I respawn, and I do. *phew* but now I'm concerned, whether there is only a certain number of recoveries/respawns you get, even with permadeath off.
Anyone experience a permadeath even with that function off?
How many times do I get to go on holiday before I never come back? 0_0
  • StephanieStephanie Compulsion Team
    edited March 20
    We used to have a nasty bug that would cause your day counter to reset to 1 and it would turn permadeath back on. (Fixed since the clockwork update)
    If you started a new game on the last update, you can die as many times as you want* without permadeath being turned on :)

*In the off chance that you do find a bug where permadeath is turned back on, let us know because this should not happen!

It will be much easier to tell if permadeath is on or off on our next update when continuing a saved game :)