arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

Screenshot thread?

• Iris_LockspurIris_Lockspur Member, Moderator
    @Nautilus, yay for that one! The Emerald/Parade District needs some more love. Some of those buildings are just gorgeous, can't wait to start exploring them.
  • @Iris_Lockspur It is a really neat part of the game. I didnt know we could explore some of them in the future! :o

(Bumping the screenshot thread so we don't lose it in the void by accident.)
  • HorrorshowHorrorshow Member, Moderator
    edited June 2016
    10 minutes into We Happy Few and Chill and he gives you this look:

(I'm sorry, it had to be done.)
  • @horrorshow haha thats awesome :p

• OtherbuttonsOtherbuttons Member, Moderator, WHF Friends & Family
    You keep my heart beating, @Nautilus. ♥
  • NautilusNautilus Member
    edited June 2016
    @Otherbuttons Aww ♥ ♥

While both are awesome, Im not sure which color roads i like the best. I think i have to go with the top picture. Those darker colors make the game feel more moody and retro, where the second picture looks more cartoony and kinda doesnt fit as well imo. What do you guys think? (sorry for the repost of the second pic, its the only good shot of the new rainbow roads i have right now)
  • HorrorshowHorrorshow Member, Moderator
    edited June 2016
    @Nautilus For me, I prefer the bottom. I like how washed out and pastel the colors appear, kinda like paint for a dollhouse:

But, either way, they're both really good!
  • @Horrorshow I can totally see the dollhouse type of colors.

edited June 2016
    Oh my goodness, @Otherbuttons!!! @Nautilus got a rare photograph of Constable Dicks and his mother!
  • NailaNaila Moderator, Compulsion Team
    @Nautilus This last one might be my favorite screenshot ever
  • @Naila One of my favorite things about taking screenshots is seeing which ones connect with people. Sometimes you can can spend an hour (or more) on a single shot that you think is the coolest thing ever, and it ends up not doing much for people. Then sometimes, its the one that took you a minute to do that stands out. What makes you like this one so much? :)
  • NailaNaila Moderator, Compulsion Team
    @Nautilus I like the train station a lot, and in the fog like this it gives me a bit of Jack The Ripper/Old London vibe. And these flowers just find them so beautiful. I love them both and their composition.
  • @Naila The train station is really cool. I was so excited to go explore it the first time i saw it. And those flowers are super pretty. I love how theyre such a nice contrast to the dark, moody nights (and the train station in the background). One thing that really draws me into the game visually, is the juxtaposition between the sometimes bright and/or saturated colors and the dreary setting.
  • Speaking of rich colors mixed with a dreary setting, this is another nicely done, atmospheric area.