arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

Screenshot thread?

• NailaNaila Moderator, Compulsion Team
    Hey @Iris_Lockspur and @Nautilus, the screenshot is indeed from one of Nautilus screenshots :)
  • Iris_LockspurIris_Lockspur Member, Moderator
    @Naila, yesssss....my sleuthing skills are still decent. Same thing with the Glitch Feed interview thumbnail, right?
  • @Iris_Lockspur awesome colors in that shot!

@Nalia So awesome :) :) Btw do you see those 2 black lines in the middle of the road in the above screenshot? I see those randomly all over my rainbow roads too. Do you know if thats a graphical glitch? At first thought it was tire marks but up close it doesnt look like thats the case. (plus no car has working tires lol)
  • @Nalia You were right, i love the new update! haha I couldnt help but take a few shots tonight. Everyone really outdid themselves. The garden area looks almost like a new game! Among other things, this level of detail and environmental storytelling (like the super atmospheric bridge area) is what helps put We Happy Few in that top tier with games like Fallout, Bioshock and Dishonored.

@Nautilus Yeah I see them, I will take a look at it today and ask the artists.

Yay can't wait to see more of your screenshots from the new update :)
  • @Nalia Sweet, thanks.

I wish i wasnt busy all weekend! The wait to really mess around with it is killing me!

So, @Nautilus gave a me a short list of useful visual commands to try messing with, and I tinkered with a few more and spent the second half of my feedback review session taking a couple of screenshots. Here are the ones I feel like sharing.

And my favourite, despite the fact I took it after breaking the skybox (don't set Atmosphere to 0, ever).
  • Good stuff.! I hadnt seen that bottom sign yet.

@Nautilus, if you want to see it you gotta throw a body out in the streets. Eventually a Bobby should spot it and the sign will soon follow.
    Blood in the streets? More like...DANCING in the streets! Aha, ahahaha, hahaaaa...
    i will go now
  • @Iris_Lockspur Ah ok, that explains how i missed it. lol And i didnt know the Bobbies had such sweet dance moves. :p

@Iris_Lockspur @Nautilus These are amazing as always *_*

The drunk bobbies near the apple tree are pretty funny too (at night only)
    @Naila, I found them but couldn't get anything of them that looked nice. Their face textures are a bit blurry now, for some reason.

In a juuu-uuu-uuugg..!

1920 x 1080 version

http://i.imgur.com/26oGIdW.png
    "Uploaded 23 days ago."

@Nautilus, what. Do you just have a screenshot repository?
  • @Iris_Lockspur I actually do. lol I like to keep a stockpile around just in case theres ever a screenshot shortage. :p

Really though, i take and keep a ton for my screenshot blog, working with developers to promote games, ect. I have a good portion of them on my computer since uploading 46,000 files would be a pain, but when posting them online, ive used several different image hosting sites and i like to have a bit of a reserve stored up.
  • NautilusNautilus Member
    edited May 2016
    Props to all the people that contributed to this scene. Its so perfectly composed, Id buy the game after seeing this area alone!

Uncle jack approved 5k version:

http://i.imgur.com/NiJGpfV.jpg
  • More delicious eerie atmosphere!

• NautilusNautilus Member
    edited May 2016
    I really like the We Happy Few logo and wanted to use it with a screenshot, but i wanted to put it on something that didnt have a busy background, so it would stand out more. I wandered around in the game for a while until i found something that i thought worked well with it. Both the Bobby and the logo mask are only half of a face and its almost like the little mask is whispering in his ear (maybe reminding him to take his Joy?).

No logo version

i.imgur.com/LiKa1AM.png