arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

Screenshot thread?

• NautilusNautilus Member
    edited April 2016
    @Iris_Lockspur Awesome! That's one of my favorite tv screens/advertisements. :D

Love the title screen. So well done.

• Iris_LockspurIris_Lockspur Member, Moderator
    The title screen for WHF is probably one of my favourites. I know that's weird, but I think a title screen is very important for first impressions and it does a wonderful job at showing off what's to come. Hey @Nautilus, think you could get an artsy shot of Mrs. Stokes in the starting shelter?
  • NailaNaila Moderator, Compulsion Team
    @Iris_Lockspur I was just talking yesterday with Emmanuel (3D artist) and he was telling me how the title screen will look so much better soon as we've redone a lot of it :)
    edited April 2016
    @Nautilus haha yeah. Whitney needed to add posters quick in the game so she took pics of me and worked over them. I am not sure if they will remain in the game however.
    Not sure if this house is new or not, found it after parkouring my way up to the top and decided to get artsy with it.

• @Iris_Lockspur Nice shot :) And i do have a few pics of her in there.

@Naila I hope they do leave them! If they dont, i might just have to cut off everyones joy in protest! Theyre as much a part of Wellington Wells now as any Wellie imo.
    I tried fiddling with the console to get a nice looking shot in the starting shelter but that looks much better, @Nautilus.

And I can't help but wonder if we'll ever be able to explore to closed off underground. I enjoy a bit tunnel wandering.
  • @Iris_Lockspur Im with you on that! Id love to explore more of the tunnels/underground bunkers.

I was messing around with the two different Joy bars in the game, and found out what happened when you got the purple/dark blue bar all the way to full. I got a decent picture of dear old Mrs. Stokes with the effects of the permanent crashing distortion. Green hues and blurred vision, reminded me of something out of one of my nightmares...

• That does look freaky!

• SamSam Compulsion Team
    @Nautilus Are you my mommy?
    @Sam That one never gets old. ;)
  • @Sam Youre going to hate me for asking, but is that something the Bobbies say? lol

@Nautilus, I'm pretty sure he's referring to this here spooky child.

• Ahhh lol I went around the city for a while trying to get the bobbies to say it, but they refused to. I was like, what am i doing wrong?? haha

• SamSam Compulsion Team
    @Nautilus I have no idea how you managed that last Bobby. He looks awesome.
    @Sam, looks like one of the Bobbies in the control room above the Joy Tunnel. Has the wall pattern from it.
    Speaking of Bobbies, I used AIignoreplayer to push the Bobby from the pawn shop into the shop so I could get a spooky lighting picture.

• @Sam He was on the backside (rear entrance), of the inside, of one of the bridge buildings. lol Had to take a pic of him in front of that sweet retro colored wall. :D

#keeptheNailasignspls
    @Nautilus I am back on the forum after being away at PAX, so glad to see new screenshots and really excited rolling out the new update. I really think you are gonna like it.

I talked to Whitney and she said we will most probably keep the signs! Prolly touch them up though.
    Wait a minute. Holy Toledo, @Nautilus! Destructoid used one of your screenshots in their article about PAX! The one with the Wellie reading the newspaper!

http://www.destructoid.com/we-happy-few-is-a-roller-coaster-of-creepy-vibes-and-eccentric-humor-357304.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
  • @Naila Glad to have you back! Seems like the show went well. :) And I am dying for the new update! Seriously, everything i see in it from each new screenshot looks so good. Hopefully its not too far away, i dont think i (or anyone else) can hold out for much longer!

Yesss thats such good news! Wellington just wouldnt be the same without them.

@Iris_Lockspur :o :o How awesome! Im thinking maybe you and i are just on Joy and thats not reality. lol

@Nautilus, it has to be. Same angle and everything. (We'll have to wait until morning, though. Maybe @Naila can confirm anything or not.)
    Sunset Boulevard

(Still trying to figure out how to turn off Film Grain.)