arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

Forum Guidelines

NailaNaila Moderator, Compulsion Team
in General Chat edited February 2015
Welcome to the Compulsion Games forums! Thank you for taking the time to look at this :)

We opened these forums in order to be more involved with the community, we want to hear your input as well as have enjoyable discussions.
To be about to post you need to become a registered member and activate your account through your email.

As with every forum we have some guidelines. They are fairly simple so please take a moment to familiarize yourself with them:

1. Be excellent to each other. We’re all here to have fun. Always be respectful towards other community members, moderators and Compulsion Game team members. If you feel especially slighted by another forum member, report their comments instead of replying to them.
2. Keep your posts tasteful. Don’t post material that could be considered offensive or NSFW, some of us are trying to browse at work without getting in too much trouble, also won't somebody please think of the children?!
3. Use a Spoiler tag when necessary. If you are about to reveal a spoiler please warn the others in the title and/or in the comments.
4. Have fun!

For any other general concerns or questions, email us at support@compulsiongames.com

Love,

Naila
  • GuillaumeGuillaume Compulsion Team
    By the way Naila is totally lying. She wouldn't get in trouble. But hey. Please don't post bad stuff anyways. =)
  • I'm noticing some spam threads and I was wondering if there's a way we can 'report' ( however I feel that's too strong of a word) those posts/posters. Or if there's a way they can be moved to a more appropriate place like an Off Topic thread.
  • SamSam Compulsion Team
    edited March 2015
    @Pandora_Layn right now, no. The forum software is pretty basic right now, we're planning to do a proper overhaul when we get back from PAX. That includes proper moderation tools (which are on the backend), proper formatting, and actually being able to deal with spammers in a more automated fashion.

Edit: I've just noticed that notifications have been disabled, which is weird. We'll look into it.
  • Thanks @Sam I was afraid that I had started a bad trend with the link to my trailer analysis but I see those threads have been 'taken care of'. Cheers!
  • How do I find forum posts that I saved as a draft but didn't post?
  • SamSam Compulsion Team
    edited March 2015
    @BenPonder Great question. I just did a bit of testing - I don't think new post saving works, but saved comments appear in the thread that you were replying to.
  • I um... I was in the city and got in that sealed off place with the security keycard and a jimmy bar. I opened the door and then everything went white while some people said lovely day for it, then I was sent to the main menu. Did I beat the game?
  • NailaNaila Moderator, Compulsion Team
    @GreatGame haha you did! At least the pre-alpha, we put a way to escape the city to give a sense of purpose but it is in no way how the game actually ends.
  • I've made the anti-future device two times now and used it differently two times... Can you tell me what it does? I'm still confused about what its purpose is.
  • I was wondering if you could tell me when the next update is? My question from before was also resolved.
  • SamSam Compulsion Team
    @GreatGame We updated a few days ago - Wednesday last week. The next one is likely to be in the new year :)
  • So with the new update it didn't say anything about there being no bunkers on the other islands. I've created a few new games and haven't been able to find them. Is there only one on the first island or are they in alleyways now?
  • Also, a problem with the new update is occasionally I'll be stuck in an action and won't be able to loot, change gear, equip my weapons etc.
  • NailaNaila Moderator, Compulsion Team
    Hey @GreatGame!
    If you post on the feedback or the support sub forum, more members from the team will be able to see your post and therefore help you. This is the forum guidelines thread ;)