arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

Gaming Laptop Advice?

I just downloaded the pre-alpha for WHF and I had to download the glitchy 6.1 patch which is likely due to the laptop I'm using. Can anyone suggest some gaming laptops and include the prices? Thanks in advance!
  • OtherbuttonsOtherbuttons Member, Moderator, WHF Friends & Family
    edited July 2015
    Not sure on laptops themselves, but the recommended specs as posted here state:

'Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD, 2.5 GHz or faster
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX or AMD Radeon 6870 HD series or higher'
    So I imagine anything that beats those should be good for now. I'd personally aim as high as you can, since it's also stated that these specs can go up and down.
  • shmerlshmerl Member
    edited July 2015
    Depends on how much money you want to spend. In general I recommend high end Lenovo or Sager laptops. But that would cost you a pretty sum.

Also, consider whether you need a laptop to begin with. If mobility factor isn't critical for you, get a desktop - you'll save money and will get better specs.
  • Go to reddit.com/r/suggestalaptop

They will give you the best advice possible.
  • Thank you all for your responses!! Very helpful.
  • AirRaidAirRaid Member
    edited July 2015
    My advice would be similar to Shmerl's - If you're buying a computer specifically for gaming, don't buy a laptop.
  • If you want a gaming laptop, then you might want to check out the Origin EON15-X 4k Gaming Laptop. The nice thing about it, compared to other laptops, is that it is actually a lot easier to upgrade its components.
  • Thanks stewi0001! That sounds like an interesting option.