arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

What are you playing right now?

• shmerlshmerl Member
    I'm now replaying Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines (GOG release) and also still in the middle of my first playthrough of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords.
  • NailaNaila Moderator, Compulsion Team
    Just started Dark Souls 3 yesterday, didn't play a lot as I started late and I take a lot of time making characters but I can't wait to play more!
  • shmerlshmerl Member
    edited June 2016
    Recently I started playing a classic text adventure Nine Princes in Amber (after rereading the books). Kind of fun, especially figuring out what to do using text commands. You can for instance run it in vice, commodore64 emulator. DOSbox is another option.

• shmerlshmerl Member
    Just started Dex (I've been waiting for a while for it). Linux version just came out on GOG.

Fans of cyberpunk shouldn't miss it.
  • HorrorshowHorrorshow Member, Moderator
    "Join the mafia, meet interesting people! Then, whack 'em."

I've recently been replaying, "Guns, Gore & Cannoli," a clever little beat-'em-up where you make your way through a zombie outbreak set in the Roaring Twenties:

• shmerlshmerl Member
    I discovered Broforce recently. It's surprisingly very well done.

@Horrorshow omg that's hilarious! I am going to try it.

@shmerl It was free on PS+ not long ago, super fun!
  • shmerlshmerl Member
    @Naila: Did you play Dex? What do you think about the endings?
  • OtherbuttonsOtherbuttons Member, Moderator, WHF Friends & Family
    'What am I playing?'

i'm a pokemon trainer now
    catching them is my life
    there is no return
  • Iris_LockspurIris_Lockspur Member, Moderator
    Starbound. I literally haven't played it in two years (first time I ever played I spent two hours building a house, only for it to be blown to smithereens by a random meteor shower; it made me so upset I refused to play it anymore throughout the entire Early Access period) but now that it has hit 1.0 I've been spending all weekend on it. Well, at least the parts of my weekend where I wasn't dying from whatever illness I got on my birthday.

It's fun to gallivant around space as a birdman with a flamboyant personality again. And having an incentive to explore now makes it really enjoyable.
  • Iris_LockspurIris_Lockspur Member, Moderator
    (They do need to add some bloody visual effects options, though. The FPS drop is unbearable for a game that's 3+ years old at this point, and it has zero options to lower quality on taxing particle effect assets such as fire and rain.)
  • shmerlshmerl Member
    edited July 2016
    Just started Dragon: Age Origins (since it was released on GOG). Never played it before. It works well in Wine on Linux, and so far it's pretty interesting. I've heard it's practically the last good RPG by Bioware, marking the end of their golden RPG era.
  • A lot of CS:GO, what a good Competitive FPS game ! And I re-downloaded bioshock 1 to start it again, I'm missing rapture.
  • fromthewoodsfromthewoods Member, Moderator
    edited August 2016
    Fallout 3 Wanderers Edition Mod. Ive been playing it a lot. I loved Fallout 2 and had never played any of the new ones. I like FO3 it but it is ridiculously easy.
    With mods it is one of the best single player experiences ive had.

@Iris_Lockspur I played so much Starbound in early acess i havent been able to get back into it yet. But i will soon. It was about 2 years ago as well. Im very happy for their full release.

• Decided it was time to start playing Freedom Force again. The GOG version runs fine on Windows 10 although it's pretty twitchy when you set it up, changing resolution and sound mainly, and it usually doesn't shut down correctly. I tried a couple of mods but neither of them worked very well. I might have to hold off for a replay of the second one and maybe that one will work more smoothly.
  • shmerlshmerl Member
    edited August 2016
    Just bought Slain on GOG recently. Pretty good platformer in the gothic / Ghosts n' Goblins style.

Right now I am all about Don't Starve Together as it came out recently on console. I play with 2 other friends on PS4 and we are trying to make it to Winter but we usually die 2 days into Winter. I just love it, every playthrough something new happens in the game. The gameplay is fun and the art so so cute. I started with Willow but now I play as Wendy, she is so cute and Abigail is really useful as she fights for you.

• tectec Member, Moderator
    I have just made some purchases to keep me busy (apart from WHF!)

@tec Oh that's awesome! I am a huge TR fan. 2 is my favorite :)
  • tectec Member, Moderator
    @Naila TR3 was my first game on PC and have played all the others (although didn't finish AOD) so I have never played TR2!! I plan to work my way through them again starting with 2 this time. (TR1 is kinda covered by Anniversary)
  • OtherbuttonsOtherbuttons Member, Moderator, WHF Friends & Family
    My Warcraft addiction is back on in full now I've gotten into dungeoning and have a had a lot of health downtime; been getting some pretty sweet mounts I've been grinding for too!

On the side I'm also trying out Heroes of the Storm.

AND of course the Overwatch event just started and I'll spiritually die without the Mercy skin...

basically blizzard owns me at this point. rest in peace wallet.
    Right now it is all about Overwatch on PS4, Monkey Island on Xbox One and Pokemon Sun!
  • shmerlshmerl Member
    edited December 2016
    Just got The Dwarves (couldn't miss a day one Linux release of a good RPG).

Blind Guardian even wrote a song for it:
  • I'm playing godzilla games http://mygodzillagames.com
    BTW they are cool!
  • shmerlshmerl Member
    edited December 2016
    Just finished The Dwarves - I highly recommend this game. Looks like sequel is potentially planned.

I'd classify this game as adventure with tactical combat (and some RPG elements). It's an interesting blend, even if it's not like classic RPGs. The result is very enjoyable, especially because of the good story and very well written characters.
  • I was quite enjoying the Friday the 13th beta. It was fairly engaging and fun to play.
    @Complexity This is one of the games I look forward to the most in 2017!
  • The wonderful "Owlboy".
  • matt23matt23 Member
    Right now I play "the last dinosaurs"
  • SamSam Compulsion Team
    Pretty much a slowpoke here, but I am loving Skyrim. Just overhead a little girl talking about how she murdered a dude in an alley. Totally creepy, loved it.