arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

What are you playing right now?

• Playing Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl for the first time (Wine / Linux). It has a very original atmosphere, based on the ideas of Roadside Picnic.
  • shmerlshmerl Member
    edited August 2015
    GOG just released Morrowind DRM-free *as well as bunch of other classic games from Bethesda and id Software including Doom and Quake). Quite unexpected.
  • Black Ops III Beta, Rust, Dirty Bomb,Dead Space, WHF, Call of Duty: Online, Dead Island: Epidemic, etc. Check my Steam page if you wanna play something.
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027556111/
  • NailaNaila Moderator, Compulsion Team
    I finished Broken Age recently, it was awesome, I really enjoyed it. The art and the story is extremely compelling. It is free on PS+ right now.

I watched my bf finish Tales of the Borderlands, it was great too. I started Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain when it came out and was completely addicted to it, but after a few hours I realized it was always the same kind of mission, so I lost interest.

I also recently dust out my 3DS as I feel I haven't given her much love in the past year. I really want to play Animal Crossing New Leaf but I also the new one, Happy Home Designer . SO MANY CHOICES!

Also, if you are looking for a spooky game to play during this Halloween season, Until Dawn is amazing.
  • StephanieStephanie Compulsion Team
    edited January 2016
    Don't Stave came out with their new Shipwrecked DLC so I have been playing a lot of that in between Don't Starve Together lately.
    If anyone wants to join in some Don't Stave Together fun you can catch me on steam
  • Some emus that shall not (?) be named (WAAAGH!) and... basically waiting for couple MMOs to launch. In 2017 :(
  • OtherbuttonsOtherbuttons Member, Moderator, WHF Friends & Family
    @JamesGoblin
    ooo which mmos? I haven't been up to date on any new ones.

I've personally gotten into World of Warcraft. I also have a gaming PC now so I can actually play We Happy Few and intend to live on that in my spare time. ;D
  • @Otherbuttons Ah, WoW was my first ever MMO and there is an emu that I might or might not enjoying as well (I prefer Vanilla to modern edition), but that wasn't what I had in mind =)

Speaking of new MMOs, Blade and Soul just launched on west and Black Desert Online will do so in a month; Star Citizen is everyone's most anticipated but not my thing (SC is space stuff), and there is couple launched ones such as Elder Scrolls Online, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Lord of the rings Online, Final Fantasy XIV, Guild Wars 2, Rift, Tera, Wildstar...

I'm waiting for Crowfall, Camelot Unchained and maybe Shards Online...in fact, there is a list (mostly made of medieval fantasy indie PvP sandbox MMORPGs) of incoming titles I'm interested in besides these: Revival, Albion Online, Worlds Adrift, Shroud of the Avatar, Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen,Chronicles of Elyria, Gloria Victis, Life is Feudal and couple more!?
    Is anyone playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf ?

I just got it and I am completely obsessed! I love that the game advances in real time, I am always looking forward to play it throughout the day/week and see how my town evolves.
  • JDickJDick Compulsion Team
    I tried getting back into GTA V this week end, I hadn't played much of the heists back when I first stopped... so that was nice, and I was pleased to see all the new world activities as well as the new bling! (I'm SUCH a customization nerd)
  • SamSam Compulsion Team
    X-com 2 baby. Little bit sad that I can't play on Iron Man until I beat the campaign, because it means I'm save scumming like a terrible, terrible person.

Good game though. I really like the way they've improved upon the original, while retaining links to the original series, and not losing much of the essence of X-com. I'm only 16 hours in though (so for a first playthrough, where I don't feel that I'm anywhere near the end, this is damn good value).
  • StephanieStephanie Compulsion Team
    @Naila I have ACNL though I haven't played in a while because the battery on my 3DS Animal Crossing machine is pretty fried.
    I was thinking of dressing my character up as a Wellie, I think the Facial Mask would look pretty convincing paired with a custom dress.

edited February 2016
    @stephanie Oh cool! @Papermoon also made some costumes from Contrast for AC:NL
  • OtherbuttonsOtherbuttons Member, Moderator, WHF Friends & Family
    Send help, I've lost my life to Stardew Valley.
  • Iris_LockspurIris_Lockspur Member, Moderator
    I spend a lot of time in FFXIV, mostly. Other than that I've been playing We Happy Few every few nights, and I finished off the Nathan Drake Collection this past week in preparation for Uncharted 4.

I spend a lot of time playing Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm, as well.
    @Otherbuttons I've been dying to play Stardew Valley, it's totally my type of game but I don't have a computer at home just a crappy laptop. I think it could run it but I don't enjoy playing on it :(

@Iris_Lockspur How good is Uncharted though? I can't wait for the 4th one.

I've been playing Pikmin 3 lately on the Wii U (Nintendo is having a cool sale on Wii U games, they are around 30$ CAN or 20$ US), it's great but kinda dark. When night falls, if you don't gather all your Pikmins back to the ship, you see them get eaten by creatures :'(
    @Naila, I'd been putting off playing it for so long. So I figured it was time to remedy that when I found a bundle deal on a PS4 and the NDC for $290 this past November. I've beaten them all on Hard, now to go back and do it again on Crushing, and while playing as Donut Drake. >:-3
    @Iris_lockspur LOL Donut Drake! I had no idea this was possible, that's hilarious.

This week I finished Day of the Tentacle remastered, it was my first time playing it. I enjoyed it but not as much as Full Throttle or Grim Fandango, but probably because I didn't grow up playing it. The characters were great though, as they always tend to be in Lucas Arts games.

For my next game I am still debating between Earthbound on the 3DS, revisit Ocarina of Time or try Unravel
  • SamSam Compulsion Team
    I just played Day of Defeat: Source for the first time in something like 6-8 years. It's still great. Loved it. Crawling under tanks to shoot Germans/Americans in the foot, intense feelings of inadequacy as I get destroyed by people older than me... good times :)
    edited March 2016
    Sooo Earthbound 3DS is for the NEW 3DS, that is some bullshit.

I bought and played Unravel, it was okay. I was a bit bothered by the family and memories theme, I would have preferred a more fantasy adventure for the little yarn man.

I am going back to Rise of the Tomb Raider and probably Left4Dead 2 since it is now backwards compatible on Xbox One.

Oh and can't wait to play the FFXV demo tonight!
  • Just Finished Firewatch (GOG released it recently). Original game, though somewhat short.
  • I just found this song, which plays in the intro of Shadow Warrior (remake). It's Kawaii Hana:

@shmerl I finished Firewatch too a while back. I was kinda disappointed. I thought there would be much more to it.

Do you like Shadow Warrior? They had a beautiful booth at PAX this year with a cherry blossom tree in the middle

(I'll update this post with a pic)
    edited April 2016
    I am currently re-playing The Last Of Us on Survival Mode (I started on Grounded but my aim is bad enough with the reticle) while I await the release of Uncharted 4. And doing so rather poorly. I'm pretty much just sneaking about and punching people until they die because I never have ammo to deal with non-Infected enemies.
    (Seriously, what's up with that Naughty Dog? Human enemies never drop ammo despite half of them having guns, yet I get ammo from just about every 3rd infected? I can suspend my disbelief for many things, but guns inexplicably disappearing the moment you kill someone carrying one is a bit of a stretch when trying to simulate "scarce ammo". I still love you, though. <3)
    (Also a pretty accurate depiction of my health 90% of the time.)
  • shmerlshmerl Member
    edited May 2016
    @Naila: I also expected more from Firewatch. More than the fact that it was too short, it felt lacking because the story was too linear to my taste. Apparently, dialog choices don't really affect the outcome. But still, the game is original enough.

About Shadow Warrior - I like the remake. They made it old school FPS / hack-n-slash style quite well. I mostly used katana though. And the story was great too. They even managed to turn it from comedy to drama towards the end (if you didn't play the game - I wouldn't spoil it). Soundtrack is also very well done. It's by the same composers who worked on music for the Witcher by the way.

Not to mention, that they released a high quality and very well performing Linux version, DRM-free ;) The main credit for the Linux version here goes to Edward Rudd and Aaron Melcher from Knockout Games.

I hope they'll deliver with the second one as well. Without Hoji it will be harder for them :)
    Since I've conquered Survival mode in The Last Of Us, I'm now playing Stories: The Path of Destinies. I heard that the resident narrative director @Alex was the writer for it, and who could pass up another chance to listen to Julian Casey narrate everything you're doing?
  • ShibouShibou Member
    I've been playing Ben and Ed, where you play a zombie competing in a game show. It's weird but strangely addicting, probably because I like puzzle and obstacle games.

@shibou This looks awesome and hilarious! Thanks for bringing it to our attention
  • Fallout 4 is my life