arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

Many random curiosities... What do you think?

I have a bunch of questions about this game that come to mind. I thought I'd post about it in general chat to see what the community may theorize or if the devs feel like piping up (if it's not to much of a spoiler of course!)

1. Will we ever be able to save without having to quit to the main menu/desktop?

2. I've heard there will be other characters with other stories. Will there be a lady character as well as the gents? Also I wonder, will they have some reletion to Aurthur or will they have their own independent story lines.

3. Once you leave on your little raft and "win" is that.... it? Because I'm not sure it is. In one post it almost seemed like the devs were saying that his story continues on the mainland in the "parade" district? Interesting *steeples fingers*

4. WHERE DO THEY BURY THEM????

5. WHERE DOES THE FOG COME FROM????

(4 - 5 are jokes. Unless you actually have a theory and would like to share.)

6. What in the hell do the messages on the payphones mean? If they mean anything at all! I am so very confused...

7. Will we ever be able to access Aurthur's old office building?

8. Why are the devs so cool? Like seriously, where does all their awesome come from?

I might edit this and add more questions. Theories, answers, more questions all welcome!!!
  • HorrorshowHorrorshow Member, Moderator
    Hello!

2. There will indeed be other characters you can play as, one of them being female, all having their own goals and motivations.

Their stories will interweave with each other, a notable example is Arthur and the Mad Scotsman in the Kickstarter trailer and the ending of the Pax East 2016 demo. There’s also a pretty cool theory about the female character’s identity by @ArtzDeeva!

5. The Bobbies in the Apple Tree Encounter talk amongst themselves about how there was never fog before joy was invented. Perhaps it could be pollution from Joy manufacturing?

6. I believe the “Number 9? Number 9?” message is a reference to John Lennon’s Number 9 Dream, though I could be wrong.

8. I ask myself the same thing!

Sorry I couldn't answer all of these, there are many things in this game I'm uncertain about, hope this still helps, though!
  • Thanks so much for the comment!!! That picture is awesome! I can't wait to see what she can do... Unfortunately I didn't keep up with the very early development or I might know more myself. I watched Markiplier play this game over a year and a half ago (I think) and I fell in love with it, but then heard nothing else for about a year till it was released on steam!

5. I never noticed that! I think you're so right.... woah.... that's messed up and so cool at the same time!

6. I think my question is more of... why is it coming through the phone at all? Like who's saying these things and why? I wonder if it's other downers and we just don't see them doing it... perhaps that's why they get mad when I bust open the coin boxes...

Don't worry!!! I'm very happy you commented. I love to hear what others think about it to.