arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

Needs to be a never die mode

Died three times, once from glitches and other from bobbies. Lost all of my hours on the game because after three deaths you have to create a new game. I'm not creating a new game. Too much time wasted, fix this. Love the game and everyone understands it's an early build but there should definitely be an infinite life setting for the people who just want to complete the game. Thank you.
  • tectec Member, Moderator
    There is. There are options in the game for recovering after your health runs out which leaves you at the location where you died but you need to restore health very quickly, and you can turn permadeath off which if you then die you are returned to your bunker and lose a few items from your inventory. You can turn these options on in the game menu.
  • Yes I know this. But after three deaths you perma die.
  • tectec Member, Moderator
    Really? i didn't know this. Is this new? Can someone from Compulsion confirm?
  • NailaNaila Moderator, Compulsion Team
    Hello,

This isn't supposed to happen. It sounds like you might have had permadeath and second wind on.

Let us know!
  • StephanieStephanie Compulsion Team
    You should have unlimited lives if Permadeath turned off.
    Second wind gives you a second chance before dying.

It is possible there is a bug involved that has caused this issue, in which case we are sorry to hear that you have encountered it.

@Red
    Do you remember which quests you encountered in this playthrough?
    How many times have you had this issue occur?
    Would you be able to tell me your version number? (Found on the main/pause menu)
    Before you died, did you notice that your day counter was reset to day 1?
    When you started your save game, was Permadeath set to on or off?
    When you started your save game, was Second Wind set to on or off?
    Which island were you on each time that you died?

Thank you!