arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

Rooster Teeth: Patch Game Club to talk about Contrast!

OtherbuttonsOtherbuttons Member, Moderator, WHF Friends & Family
I was linked to the end of a Patch Game Club video and was pleasantly surprised when they pulled Contrast out of the pile for next week's Game Club!~

They talk about it a tiny bit from 18:00 onwards here, but next week they'll do an episode on it.

So happy about this, because Rooster Teeth stuff gets so many views. ;u; spread dat Contrast love.
  • SamSam Compulsion Team
    @Otherbuttons it must be huge, two of my friends have told me about it as well :) Pretty exciting stuff. Let's hope they like it!
  • OtherbuttonsOtherbuttons Member, Moderator, WHF Friends & Family
    @Sam
    Rooster Teeth are... well, Rooster Teeth. Big is a understatement for them when it comes to Youtube and fan-content and all that sort of stuff.~ So I'm hoping you guys get a boost in sales and it attracts the creative side of Rooster Teeth and there's a ton more fanart and such
  • @Otherbuttons Yeah, this is absolutely a great thing! I agree, let there be more fanart, cosplayers, and so on! Contrast is a game really deserving of that kind of thing.
    It... unfortunately got a really harsh reception. 8( The gameplay mechanics and the setting/artistic side got praise, and We Happy Few got a mention and their hopes for it to be a really good game. Sadly the rest not so much.

It's over here.
  • SamSam Compulsion Team
    @Otherbuttons hey, thanks for letting us know. I'm pleased to see the comments are a little unhappy with how they treated it.

We're fairly used to polarised reception for Contrast. I didn't listen to the video (I doubt they say anything we haven't read in the past, and I'm not that fond of listening to people shitting on a game that frankly we're very proud of), but the reality is that some people love it, some people don't. Some people play Call of Duty, others play Gone Home. Can't get upset about that. Can only focus on looking at legit criticism, trying to make sure we don't repeat the same mistakes we made, and spending more time on the positive, nice reactions from people than the haters :)
    Like I said, they have hopes for the next game.

Agreed on the not everyone's gonna like a game front. I know I and a heck of a lot of others adored it. ♥
  • NailaNaila Moderator, Compulsion Team
    That's just...really mean, but people who are not in game development tend to make ignorant comments.
  • I don 't get this they didn't talk much about the story and that is the best part of me at lest. I never see it get talked about but it is brilliant and deep and on the same level as like silent hill in terms of making me think.