arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

Contrast 2?

Hello everyone. I was looking through the previous discussions here in the forums and I couldn't help but notice that there wasn't any discussion about the possibility of a sequel to Contrast... My friends and I absolutely loved this game when it came out, and we still discuss and play it from time to time, just wondering if we'll ever experience more of this wonderful Compulsion title that made us remember why we love games so much.

I, for one, would love to see a sequel to Contrast. Is there anyone else out there that feels and hopes for the same?
  • OtherbuttonsOtherbuttons Member, Moderator, WHF Friends & Family
    Contrast seems like one of those that would work very well as a stand-alone, however I'd personally love to see more in the world with the same sort of game mechanics. Perhaps a prequel covering Vincenzo's story or travels, or something to do with the earlier timeline shown in the lighthouse.
  • NailaNaila Moderator, Compulsion Team
    edited May 2015
    Hello!

We are not totally closing the door on a sequel to Contrast, the team worked on it very hard for a long time and they needed a change ;)
    They wanted to tackle something new, fresh and with new challenges. But like I said, we never know! :D
  • @Otherbuttons: I think that would be an awesome experience for the fans of Contrast. Following behind the adventures of Johnny might also prove to be interesting.

@ Naila: Thank you for your quick response. It's nice to know that there's still a chance for more content from the world of Contrast. Regardless of whether that actually comes to fruition or not, you and your team will always have supporters in me and my friends :)
    I for one would happily give money towards the adventures of Mr. Dad and his failures at everything. I just imagine that would very likely include a lot less shadow play. ;) Dawn's backstory would be an interesting thing to see explored too- then again that could possible also go in with a Vincenzo story.
  • I'm on the boat of wanting a contrast 2 i feel like explaining a few more things would very good. as the ending of the game just made the song play in my head over and over again.
  • GuillaumeGuillaume Compulsion Team
    Hi @Otherbuttons. There's a lot of personal material in Contrast that feels a little heavy for me to revisit creatively. But I enjoyed working with Didi as a character, and my daughter loved filling her virtual walls with her drawings. If the circus show gets on the road, we'll consider giving the story a second act :)

G.
    edited September 2015
    @Guillaume
    That's so cool to know it's still a possibility! Thank you for the reply. ♥ It's such a fantastic world-design and gameplay that it would almost be sad not to see it used again in some way.
  • I think they should make contrast 2 with dawns backstory with Vincenzo and the story of how dawn met the little girl.
  • Let them finish WHF first lel