arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

Xbox One Release Date and Game

I know that this company has been working hard on We Happy Few. They have made countless updates with a lot of new items and fixes for the game. Most games have patches and a release date and/or pre-order. The Xbox does not allow a pre-order for We Happy Few, what reason is there for this? I know that normally games have pre-order bonuses and items but it is still okay to put a game up for pre-order.

My next question is about how long the game takes to finish. The game claims to be a survival simulator but there are certain situations in which you escape the city, which further on carries you to another area. A short game is any game that can be completed under 20 hours, a medium timed game would be anything from 20 to 60 hours, and a large game would be about 70 hours and up. Where does this game fit in with this?

Thank you for reading my questions!
  • SamSam Compulsion Team
    edited July 2016
    @WeThoughtfulFew No pre-order because Xbox Game Preview games usually do not allow preorders. This is the same for Early Access on Steam.

Unfortunately, time /played is a little bit difficult to answer. For the current build, right now, it takes us between 3 and 7 hours to complete a run through, depending on who is playing. But that's based on two years of playing the game and knowing exactly how to finish it.

We will not know for quite some time exactly how long the final game will take to finish. We are aiming for a regular run to be between 5 and 7 hours, once all the content is there. You'd have to play through all three character's stories to "finish" the game, so 3x 5 to 7 = 15 to 21 hours is a very rough, very early minimum time to complete the game. But we just don't know - this could go up or down pretty easily, and likely will not remain there.

If you are the kind of person that chooses whether to buy games based on a $/hours played value judgement, then I suggest you take a look at reviews post launch to see if it suits you. That's really the only way we'll be able to get a good feeling of time /played.
  • Will the game have a DLC for it?
  • So I have a question someone sees this when will this be able to download at 12am im on eastern time
  • MunkiMunki Member
    Also game time is related to how long it takes you to find various resources you need.
    I can play for 3-4 hours exploring without leaving the first island.