arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID

Weekly Update - 11 days before Early Access!

NailaNaila Moderator, Compulsion Team
Hey everyone,

Less than 2 weeks before We Happy Few releases on Early Access and Xbox Game Preview! It is both exciting and terrifying, but mostly exciting. Of course everybody is really busy at the office, mostly debugging and polishing the Early Access build. It probably won’t be 100% perfect - it is Early Access after all so it will contain some issues and some bugs - but we’re pretty happy with how it is currently playing.

Backer information!

Last week we asked you all to make sure you were happy with your choice in platform when the time comes for key distribution (GOG or Steam). This week we would like to remind you once more to make sure that you have chosen correctly the option of your liking - you have until July 18 to change your mind.

For those of you who have questions about accessing BackerKit, please email them at support@backerkit.com. Failing that, if they cannot, please get in touch with us at support@compulsiongames.com (but please, do try and contact them first, and please keep in mind that we will not be able to help with lost passwords, forgotten usernames, etc)

And now for your Early Access teaser, we recorded a little something this morning with our beloved actor Julian Casey who plays Uncle Jack…

Art Team

Sarah

You guessed it, more signs from me this week! This time around I've been making more fifties/sixties type graphics, and it's been a ton of fun looking up references and knocking out some new designs to dress up the Village. I've also been working on a more detailed painting, but for now I'll keep it under wraps until it's ~*~*~PerFeCt~*~*~ Stay tuned!

Emmanuel

I worked on the sky, the water and the vistas!

Gameplay Team

Vince

We’ve been testing the game a lot this week to find any critical bugs, crashes and other issues. I had lots of fun playing with all the new content that has been added into the build, there is a great deal more to do now. And I’ve been taking pages and pages of notes for fixes, small and big, fixing some of them, reporting bugs and assigning them.

Mike

Hey guys! This week I fixed some bugs (again), and made 5 new buildings (we call them “fillers”) to help add variety to the Garden District. Here’s one of them:

They each have a very specific navigation purpose. For instance some of them are only “one-way” from the street to the open areas (and vice-versa), some of them are shaped like a “Y” with a junction, some are made like a funnel, so they’re are not “one-way’’, but “likely one-way”. Some of them have stairs and verticality. They all contain a few items that you can find ;)

I’ve also been working on prototypes for fillers for the Village! That I will show next week once it's ready! Take care!

Thanks for tuning in!

Compulsion Team
  • I would like to play the Xbox preview! Do I just wait for it to become available in the store or do I need to sign up to get a code?
  • NailaNaila Moderator, Compulsion Team
    @jdubose3 You will have to wait until the game hits the store on July 26 :)
  • I'm so happy for this to come I'm been waiting so long lol. I even caught my self watching a few YouTube videos and I gotta stop I don't wanna ruin the in but man does it look so much different then last year.