arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

Contrast Streaming Thread

Hi Everyone,

I just noticed the We Happy Few Streaming thread and I figured Contrast could also use the same treatment. I know there's at least a few of us who like to stream Compulsion's games, so I thought I'd set up this thread for anyone who wanted to talk about streaming Contrast, especially if someone's playing it for the first time, or maybe just revisiting for nostalgia's sake. I wanted a place to discuss streaming the game (including tech tips, challenges, speedruns, etc.), or even just posting that you're going live so some of us can check it out.

Cheers!
-SmarmyDolphin.
  • OtherbuttonsOtherbuttons Member, Moderator, WHF Friends & Family
    I actually really want to try speedrunning Contrast soon (I've been saying it for ages, but I have a PC that can now), so hopefully I can contribute to this soon. ♥
  • lucigenlucigen Member, WHF Friends & Family
    I've never actually played Contrast yet, and I've been running out of ideas on my weekly WHF stream. Hmmm maybe Ill give it a shot this week and see how it goes. Speedrunning it might be fun though, GDQ is very inspiring :)
  • I'm not a speedrunner myself (it always feels like cheating to me somehow!), but have fun with it y'all, it's a great game. I'm so glad I went back to revisit it live, and didn't finish the game off stream. It reminded me of the types of games I wanted to bring to my community. Story driven, interesting/inventive gameplay mechanics, and just the right amount of cerebral-itude to get the creative juices flowing!