arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

What games are you REALLY looking forward to?

I've been hooked ever since the first Uncharted came out. I then purchased and played the second and third Uncharted games when they came out, and loved them. Needless to say, I've been waiting a long time for Uncharted 4. It just came out two weeks ago, but the problem is, I don't own a PS4.

I don't want to buy a PS4 now, since, apparently, there's some new version (PS4 Neo) coming out soon? If so, I'll get the latest Uncharted when that system comes out. Someone suggest me to play overwatch, and he have got it from scdkey. He told me it is very interesting. But i want Uncharted 4.

Anyway, what game or games are you really looking forward to?
  • shmerlshmerl Member
    Kind of a dup thread, but I'm really looking forward to The Witcher 3 on Linux. No idea when it will happen.
  • @shmerl The Witcher 3 is great game. I was played it on GOG. It is great. Wish you can get your game on Linux soon.
  • shmerlshmerl Member
    Thanks. Yeah, I'd buy it on GOG too when they'll get to releasing the Linux version (if ever).
  • lucigenlucigen Member, WHF Friends & Family
    Ill jump in here because after E3 I have many thoughts on this. I'm also psyched on Uncharted, although I'm forcing myself to play through the first 3 before I get my copy of #4, so far I'm on 2.... (I played 2 a long time ago, finsihed 1 for the first time and have never played 3).

Buuuut NO MAN'S SKY! That game looks epic! And livelock, because apparently Canadian devs are best devs

Also to a lesser extend Battlefield One. I played BF2142 and BC2 in clans competitively, but got tired of all the new fancy things around Bf3. Looking for a return to normalcy. Also Destiny2, whenever its announced, which will hopefully fix all the competitive PvP problems (and frankly many of the PvE problems) of everyone's favorite Destiny.

Horizon is way out in the future, but it looks cool, also to just rattle off a couple more outlast 2, superhot, dishonored 2, inside... I'm going to be poor before the end of the year lol
  • NailaNaila Moderator, Compulsion Team
    edited July 2016
    Sea of Thieves!

It is an action adventure multiplayer game where you play as pirates. I love everything about it, the music, the art, the gameplay (although I didn't play much, I just can't wait to discover it all). And the devs are just the best.

• shmerlshmerl Member
    edited July 2016
    I suppose every pirate game now has to feature "What will we do with a drunken sailor?" :)
    Yeah they wrote about it being the inspiration: https://www.seaofthieves.com/updates/articles/we-shall-sail-together
  • shmerlshmerl Member
    edited July 2016
    @Naila: Interesting that they are using hurdy-gurdy. Bear McCreary also used it for pirate soundtracks for Black Sails:

• Apoc37Apoc37 Member
    The only two games I am waiting for are We Happy Few (which I know own) and Sea of Theives.
  • BlackDevilzBlackDevilz Member
    edited July 2016
    We Happy Few .... The Turing Test
  • ElliaEllia Member
    edited July 2016
    Bound! It's a beautiful looking game with movements based on ballet.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=aE37l6RvF-c
    @Ellia Yes! It looks beautiful. It is also cheaper now if you pre-order before it comes out. Same with Abzu which also looks incredible.
  • @Naila Abzu looks amazing!! I didn't know about the special pre-order price. Thanks for letting me know!
  • fromthewoodsfromthewoods Member, Moderator
    @Ellia Omg that looks incredible! My girlfriend has been doing aerial acrobatics and circus stuff for over 9 years now. Shes also a gamer like us, I just cant wait to see her reaction to that video!!!! Shes problably gonna faint or something haha. Thank you! Thank you! This game would problably have gone under my radar.

I usually dont look forward to any game, i have games in front of me right now! And so many classics i havent played.
  • Must-haves for me: Yokai Watch 2, FF XV, Dragonball Xenoverse 2, Pokemon Sun/Moon, South Park: The Fractured But Whole.

Will buy someday--not day 1: No Man's Sky, Skyrim remaster, Resident Evil 4 remaster, Bioshock collection, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Tomb Raider.
  • shmerlshmerl Member
    edited August 2016
    Shadow Warrior 2 is coming out soon: https://twitter.com/ShadowWarrior/status/763557399529598976?lang=en
    Seems they'll have Linux support on day one.
  • Sea of Thieves and Battlefield 1 are going to ruin my life when they come out XD
    This is my winter list:

Gears of War 4 - Oct 11
    The Last Guardian - Oct 25
    NES mini - November 11th
    Pokemon Sun/Moon - November 18
    FF 15 - November 29
    Stardew Valley - Q4
    Walking Dead season 3 - Q4
    Sea of Thieves
    Outlast 2
  • This looks quite promising:

• Shadow Warrior 2 for Linux is delayed. Still waiting for it :)
  • RaptorAttackRaptorAttack Member
    edited October 2016
    Another game I have been following the development of; also produced by a small team is "Allison Road" and is offering a real step up in VR graphics and experience. (DISCLAIMER: THIS IS PRETTY SCARY SO MAYBE NSFW NOT GORY JUST SCARY)

https://youtu.be/__i_LoRKhJ0

Also how did you guys get the thumbnail to appear?
  • shmerlshmerl Member
    edited October 2016
    Just use the full URL:

• Games I'm looking forward to in 2017 (Linux releases naturally):

* We Happy Few.
    * Torment: Tides of Numenera.
    * The Bard's Tale IV.
    * Underworld Ascendant.
    * State of Mind.
    * Planet Nomads.

And from the delayed ones:

* Shadow Warrior 2.
    * Everspace.
    * Event[0].
    * Witcher 3 (in Wine, highly doubt CDPR will do anything to release it natively).

• Torment: Tides of Numenera is coming.

Zelda!

Can't hardly wait.
  • Iris_LockspurIris_Lockspur Member, Moderator
    Currently I am most looking forward to Little Nightmares. I love a good horror/puzzle game and it ticks those two boxes, as well as the boxes for 'Art Style' and 'Sound/Music Design'. Been looking forward to it since last summer, so really happy it's only a month away now.
  • numbr23numbr23 Member
    Ive been looking forward to friday the 13th. i missed the closed beta when you preorder it. seems like a really fun multiplayer game
  • OtherbuttonsOtherbuttons Member, Moderator, WHF Friends & Family
    OVERWATCH NEW EVENT. ♥ Move over Yooka-Laylee, Blizzard's on one.

Also agreeing with @iris_lockspur, Little Nightmares looks right up my alley. I definitely plan on streaming it when I get a hold of a copy.