arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

Weekly Update - 15/04/2016 - Last update before PAX

NailaNaila Moderator, Compulsion Team
in News and Announcements edited April 2016
Hey everyone!

As you know we are gearing ourselves up for PAX East 2016. Things are going very well, everybody is putting their blood, sweat and tears into the PAX demo, so we hope that you’ll enjoy it!

Here is where we will be located at PAX:

Also here is a little teaser of the PAX demo:

Attention cosplayers!

If you or a friend is planning on cosplaying from Contrast or We Happy Few at PAX, please come by our booth so we can take pictures! We have a limited number of signed posters available, which we’ll be giving away to the cosplayers :)

Art Team

Whitney

This here is the house of Johnny Bolton, aka, The Hermit. Johnny clearly thinks he's someone

Don't get in the way of the Jubilator unless you want a face full of Joy! Doesn't sound so bad actually.

Marc-André

This week, I did some quick prop modifications and optimised grass levels of detail by adding geometry to cut down chunks of masked area, thus saving processing power. I also started working on level art and lighting for PAX. I worked on the Stonehenge encounter and something special you guys will see soon!

Design Team

Mike

This week I’ve worked on the demo we’re gonna be showing at PAX East next week!

In this encounter you find important object for crossing the bridge to the next island. It can be completed in several ways!

I also had a bit of time to work on a new encounter that’s going to come some time later :P

Bug Showcase

Twas the night before Christmas

New combat system combo (just kiddin’)

Community Showcase

Contrast cosplay by Sladkoslava and Mioko_Sama

Art by Horrorshow

Screenshots taken in game by Nautilus

Wastrel Army by Iris_Lockspur

Thank you for tuning in!

Compulsion
  • Iris_LockspurIris_Lockspur Member, Moderator
    I spy barrage balloons! I wonder if they're filled with Joy.
  • ElliaEllia Member
    Is there a screenshot missing in Mike's section? He mentions two encounters, but there is only one picture.
  • NailaNaila Moderator, Compulsion Team
    @Ellia you don't see the ghost picture?
  • Minor issue with the double rainbow in the first image: The colors in the second rainbow should be a mirror image of the colors of the first. Primary should have red on top, blue on bottom, secondary should be blue on top, red on bottom.
    @jscoble Wow, thank you so much for pointing this out to us, we will fix it.
  • ElliaEllia Member
    @Naila oh I do! I confused the demo photo and the ghost photo with the text whoops :)
  • jubilators look awesome are they in the game yet ?
    @constable not yet!