arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

That Clockwork Orange Geek's Doodles

HorrorshowHorrorshow Member, Moderator
in Fan Art, Cosplay, Fiction edited April 2016
I've done some doodles a while back and previously posted them on the We Happy Fanart thread in horrible quality. So this time, I want to share them in a hopefully better quality. :)

Not sure if this is allowed, but I threw in an Alex DeLarge as well.

• OtherbuttonsOtherbuttons Member, Moderator, WHF Friends & Family
    I love that she's holding up American McGee's Alice's dress. Just need one where she's wearing it now. 8D

I know I've said it before, but I seriously love how Cartoon-Network-y your style is. ♥
  • HorrorshowHorrorshow Member, Moderator
    @Otherbuttons Good eye! And thank you for your kind words. I admire your work and it's so cool that you like my stuff. And about that Wellette/Alice Liddell crossover? It'll be on my to-do list. ;)
    edited April 2016
    While I was fooling around with Paint Tool SAI, I thought to myself that I should give my Wellette a makeover (sorry it's a bit big):

Ah, what the heck. The Downerette needs some love, too.

• NailaNaila Moderator, Compulsion Team
    @Horrowshow YISSSS! I was just on the thread today hoping to see her finished version soon. She looks great!
    @Naila Thank you! I'll be sure to have the Not-So-Happy trio next week!
    @Horrowshow I am in the middle of writing a Newsletter and I have included some drawings from the Community. I would like to include yours as well, would that be okay with you? And if yes, do you have a website or page I can link the pictures to?
    edited April 2016
    @Nalia That would be amazing, go right ahead! This may sound stupid, but I'm not familiar with links, so I don't know what to do. Will copy/paste work? Or just a link to my account on the forums?
  • Iris_LockspurIris_Lockspur Member, Moderator
    Are you secretly one of the artists from Johnny Bravo and other 90s era Cartoon Network shows? Seriously, you're giving me a nostalgia overdose with all these, they're great!
  • hiroyuki232hiroyuki232 Member
    edited April 2016
    Alice madness returns is my game, I love the art, keep it up :D
    @Horrowshow I meant for example if you had a website, deviantart or a twitter you would like people to follow you on :) If you don't have any it is totally okay.
    @Nalia Oh, okay! I don't have any, I just post straight to here.
    @Iris_Lockspur You're too kind, I'm glad people like these! And cool painting on the We Happy Fanart thread, it gave me a sort of optical-illusion vibe to it. :)

@hiroyuki232 Nice to see a fellow Alice fan, and I plan to keep it up!
    edited April 2016
    Thank you.. I didn't actually plan to finish it, started as a concept sketch and then I went a bit crazy and started prepping it for painting. I'm really happy people like it, though. ^^
    I present the Downer Trio in their final form:

• OtherbuttonsOtherbuttons Member, Moderator, WHF Friends & Family
    I just saw your reply- aw thank you! And I'm so happy to see all of these coloured.
    edited May 2016
    I've wanted to retro-cartoonize the Wellies and Wastrels for a while and finally got around to doing it, at least their heads. Background was inspired by the magical rainbow roads of Hamlyn.

How did you manage to make the Doctor look not-scary!? These are all wonderful, @Horrorshow!
    @Iris_Lockspur Thank you! And I guess I'll need to give the Doctor a creepier grin nest time!
    Well I mean he's still creepy, just not spooky scary. Still good, though! ^^
    edited May 2016
    @Horrorshow WOW these are soo cute!! Now I have an urge to watch Dexter's lab
    edited May 2016
    This was originally based off the old bridge encounter, but I guess it can also tie in with Mother's Day.

@Naila Thank you! I actually sometimes use Dexter's Laboratory as a reference, lol.

edited May 2016
    I've been experimenting with some other styles to add some variety, and here it is. So, please have this totally-not-deranged-looking fashionable Downer with questionable Twiggy eyeliner:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, since I am IN LOVE with her design, I plan to cosplay as the Downerette/Enigma/Twiggy with Hypodermic/Miss Adorable White Dress with High Thighs/Girl with Needle/Helmet Lady/Lady Protag! I CANNOT wait to show you, but it's still a work in progress, so here's a sneak peak ;) :

@Horroshow

The drawing is beautiful! But I just can't wait to see your cosplay, it already looks fantastic!
    Well, this is it! I finally finished my Downerette/Enigma cosplay! Sorry for the delay, let me know what you think! Photos were taken by Moonstar Photography (and got the photographer interested in We Happy Few!)

(And yes, that’s a baseball helmet xD)
    Doesn't even have a name and you've pulled off a flawless cosplay of her. That is absolutely fantastic, @Horrorshow!
    @Iris_Lockspur Aww, thank you so much!
  • SamSam Compulsion Team
    @Horrorshow Wow! That's incredible! Super, super impressive, congrats :)
    @Horroshow OMGGG! You look terrific, you did it yourself? You did an amazing job! <3
    Looking at those retro Downers made me want to redo them again, hopefully they don't look as childish in body type this time:

@Sam Thanks! She has such a cool and sleek design, I couldn't resist.

@Naila Thank you! Actually, I had some help with the helmet since I ruined the first one. ^^'