It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Hello! We are Compulsion Games, an independent videogame developer based in Montreal, Canada. Our first game, Contrast, debuted in 2013 and told the story of a little girl and her imaginary friend. Our second, We Happy Few, is currently in Early Access on Steam and Game Preview on Xbox One.
We are looking for a UI/UX Programmer to come and work with us on We Happy Few, an award-winning, dystopian 1960s survival game about escaping from a delusional English society that is completely obsessed with happiness.
We Happy Few is a blend of a procedurally generated systemic gameplay and a linear story with scripted elements. Its AI system includes combat, stealth and “social conformity”, combines scripted moments alongside emergent gameplay, and is both a challenge and an opportunity to implement.
We are looking for someone who:
- loves games and creating cool yet functional user interfaces,
- can build user interfaces in collaboration with artists and graphic designers,
- understands art and animation tools and pipelines,
- has good attention to detail and can fine polish a user interface, and
- can participate as part of the design and tech team to evaluate and improve the game as a whole through constructive criticism and creative contributions.
The ideal person for the job would:
- have a minimum of 3-5 years of industry experience working with the Unreal Engine,
- have a strong understanding of UX design principles and practices,
- play games regularly and understand the fundamentals of what makes them work,
- enjoy and thrive at working with people in other disciplines, and
- be looking to join a top-level and creative independent team.
This is a full time role at our studio in Montreal, Canada. Salary will be discussed based on experience.
If that all sounds like you, then we would love you to come and work with us. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, including a CV and examples of recent work.