arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

We Happy Few FAQ

NailaNaila Moderator, Compulsion Team
in WHF General Discussion edited August 22
Hey all,

Before you create a new thread, here is some basic information:

On what platforms will WHF be released on?

We Happy Few is currently available on Windows PC (Early Access and GOG.com Games in Development) and Xbox One (Game Preview). We have also announced PS4 which will be available for the full release and the Mac/Linux versions will arrive shortly after the full release.

The game is not exclusive to Windows 10.

If you have the game on Xbox One but would like to play on PC, you can wait until the game launches on Play Anywhere which will be ready for 1.0

I have purchased the Early Access, do I have to pay again once the full game releases?

Oh dear, no, you are settled.

When will WHF be released?

We Happy Few will be released worldwide both digital and retail on Friday, April 13, 2018 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

Why Early Access?

Since March 2015, we have been building We Happy Few openly with our community. First at PAX East, then with our Kickstarter pre-alpha players, and now on Early Access. However, this is a fully 3D procedural world, intended to be played over and over again, with multiple playstyles, and with multiple characters. We need solid feedback to make sure that we create the best game we can, and Early Access has already made the game substantially better. Our last major content update was the Life in Technicolour update[link], our next update will be the full release.

I’m having trouble running the game, what can I do?

For help with the game not installing, not launching, crashing, freezing or poor performance (low FPS, low graphics quality, input lag) please refer to:
FAQ: Tech Support

To check currently known gameplay issues, please refer to:
FAQ: Known Bugs

When will I receive my Kickstarter rewards?

The keys to the game, the posters and T-shirts have been sent (if you haven’t received yours, email us at support@compulsiongames.com).

The soundtrack and the art book are still a work in progress since we are still mid development. All the merchandise will be shipped once we release the game (no early spoilers!).

Can I send you my ideas for your next game?

You should pursue them yourself, and not let your dreams be dreams.

Cheers,
  • I've tried other Early Access games on Steam. Some have failed, some are so-so, and a few have succeeded. At this point, I rate We Happy We as intriguing and full of potential. Hope you continue improving the game.
  • Does 29.99 refer to the price of the game now or the price of the game after release?
  • NailaNaila Moderator, Compulsion Team
    @Mertva_syluet

This is the current price but it will go up as we approach the final release of the game.