arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

Buttons x Arthur: a fanfic (I joke, it's all art and cosplay in here)

OtherbuttonsOtherbuttons Member, Moderator, WHF Friends & Family
So we creative sorts have a subforum now which means I'm let loose into the streets. However I'll be nice and clean and keep a thread updated with my stuff since I like organized things. So if/when I draw/cosplay more Arthur fanart I'll post it in this thread.~

Click on the icons to get the full image, hover over for description text.

Illustrations
image image image image

Sketches
image image image image image image image image image

Cosplay

image image

Recordings
sometime 5 months ago - Fanart - [link]
9th April - Animatic work - [link]
  • OtherbuttonsOtherbuttons Member, Moderator, WHF Friends & Family
    edited March 2016
    Oh- and something newer? It's a really rough iPad sketch for something I'd like to draw when I have time. Because Beatles songs and Strawberry Fields though.

• Iris_LockspurIris_Lockspur Member, Moderator
    Everything is great! And I really, really love your watercolour works (looked at the others on your site). That's my favourite form of painting, and I'm sad because the art department at my college has only two instructors so there aren't/isn't enough resources/want for a watercolour course.

Also, love the Beatles. Best band, best band. 10/10. Update us when you get around to working on that piece. ovo
  • NailaNaila Moderator, Compulsion Team
    Can't wait to see that piece finished <3
    edited April 2016

This is Eleanor, a character for the final project fan-animatic I'm working on. I wanted a character that wasn't as visible as a main character, but since she's a main character of her own little story she at least needs to be more visible than the background characters; I chose to go with a different hair-style/colour/dress pattern than the already-designed Wastrels, but still stuck her with similar themes to blend in with the world.

The music hasn't been 100% confirmed yet and the story changes with it due to pacing, so I'm not sure if it'll involve both her Wastrel and Wellie designs, but the Wellie design is almost done and will eventually be put next to this one. But I'm definitely trying to use an instrumental version of the Beatles' 'Eleanor Rigby' as the general feel of it is so eerie and perfect for what I want to go for.

I've tried to emulate the WHF concept style to a point, but I still ultimately wanted to keep it my style and I'm sort of happy with it? I'll give it some better tweaks and such when I put the final piece with both together.

@Iris_Lockspur
    There's some amazing tutorials online for watercolours. I'm self-taught by just playing with it and I'd highly suggest it.

And thank you to both you and @Naila for the compliments. ♥ I'm really hoping I'll get around to working on that one.

Edit: now with fixed head size because she looked like the bloody queen of hearts
    edited April 2016

Stream Saturday on my Hitbox is going to be me working on the animatic this week, so tune in later if you're about and want to nerd out about WHF. ♥

Edit: the recording is over here. Thanks to everyone that watched!

I posted this a few weeks back on my Patreon, but here's some sketch frames from the unfinished animatic. All characters/poses were drawn from scratch, whilst the backgrounds on the complicated ones were found in game and loosely traced for accuracy, since I wanted to keep it as close to the game as possible.
    How do you manage to outdo yourself every time? I LOVE this!
    edited May 2016

Annnd she's finished: Eleanor Green.
    Unfortunately the animatic itself will not be finished by my deadline on Friday, because I want to get it to a point I'm happy with before I make it public. u_u I'd rather not release something I'm just not at peace with yet.

@Naila
    the answer to that is: the hopes and dreams of children fuel me
    I haven't posted anything in ages, so I thought I'd share with you some sketchbook pages that went up on my Patreon ages ago.

If you ignore the unrelated outer doodles, you might just see the faded thumbnails from the pre-kickstarter fanart competition last year. I was drawing these on the way back from MCM Expo I think? Or somewhere up in London, because I remember being on the Megabus and seeing a sign directed to 'Wellington'; cue a little shifty eyes at the fourth wall. This was also back when Arthur was the only announced character (I think he was barely even announced too? I just stalked the video footage) and there was really little to work with, so I had to make do. (I still want to do the 'We Unhappy Few' one).

Very early character design and story-plotting for 'What They've Lost'.

Further character design and hair stylings. I knew I wanted her to be close enough to the Wellies in the game, but I wanted her to have stylings that weren't in the game too as to dignify her as her own main character.

And lastly, some storyboard sketches from the beginning of the project. All the scenes pictured arew still in but there was quite a bit of refiddling.

In really cool news, I might be finishing the animatic this week. Since it was one of my final degree projects, I want to have it playing at my Summer Show opening night. So if I can get it finished, it'll be silently on loop on my ipad for everyone to see. ♥ spread that WHF love to erryone aww yeah.
    edited June 2016
    so i just had to cut out two thirds of what i already had because it didn't work. It needs a lot of working that make it followable by even those who don't know the canon, so Joy signage, things that insinuate Doctors and stuff. There were parts that just didn't fit whatsoever too, so they've been scrapped.

Which means it's really different from the first draft, so I can show you guys the rough thing from the last take. Also an offering as it definitely isn't going to be finished by the Summer Show thanks to this big setback. ;-;

@Otherbuttons This is wonderful! May I post it on social media ?
    @Naila
    Go for it, but please mention it's an old draft. ;u;

the stickmen aren't up to scratch lmao
    edited June 2016

a quick eleanor

this gal's gettin' everywhere. When you've gotten to that point that WHF has snuck into your End of Degree summer show haha.

i need to draw actual fanart again and not ocs.
    edited June 2016

fashion goals = Arthur's boss.

Then again I have a lot of love for horse riding outfits. And riding crops.
    edited June 2016

Did a casual test of riding crop lady, because she's fabulous. Plus I already own a genuine bowler hat and tailcoat, and god knows how many ~british stereotype clothes~. Needs a lot of editing, but I'll try and get her done for EGX so that I can just WHF Weekend it with her and the Wastrel.
  • ClementClement Member, Compulsion Team
    That's really nice! Hopefully, we'll have some masks available soon ;-).
    @Clement
    That would make things so much easier than makeup haha.
    Although unfortunately if they don't allow for speech, I'll still have to go makeup since I'm a method cosplayer; I act whilst I'm in costume.

Found an old Wastrel selfie. 8> I'll do the thing and edit more of the photos from last year soon, since I lost time to do them. So expect that.

What a lovely suit you're wearing!

WAKE ME UP
    WAKE ME UP INSIDE

The sketch for my stream tonight.

I know James is cannonly gay for Roger, but damn if I don't mistress-style ship Faraday with her houseboys.

August 12th is a very special day. ♥
  • tectec Member, Moderator
    Great pictures!
    edited May 10
    My life has been busy as heck, but since I work for myself now I have a bit more time for fanart and illustrating.

I recently improved upon my style so I wanted to redraw some older things, including this old Arthur doodle from early 2016.

Here's the new one:

I changed his expression because I thought I was drawing him worried too much, but then realized I drew him brow-raised too much. ;-;