arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

Mark forums as read?

tectec Member, Moderator
Is it me being dumb or is there not an option to mark a forum as "read"?
  • HorrorshowHorrorshow Member, Moderator
    Unread discussions will appear light blue and the ones that you've read appear as a darker blue:

• tectec Member, Moderator
    Thanks that's not quite what I meant. if I wanted to clear the unread status is there an option to do that so all posts show as read even though I haven't actually read them.
  • Iris_LockspurIris_Lockspur Member, Moderator
    Okay now I'm confused.
    Ok, so you go into a forum and you see there are 30 threads with unread messages. You take a glance and you only want to read 3 of those threads. Once you have done that the forum is still showing 27 threads with unread messages. At that point what I would like to do is mark the forum as read so the forum is then showing zero threads with unread messages so that next time I visit the forum the new unread threads are easier to see. Does that make sense? :)
    Just click on them and they get marked as read, tho. .~.
    But that means I have to click on 27 messages I don't want to read...
    I guess there isnt a button for this (yet?) then? :)
    You don't actually have to read them, though. The systems doesn't know that. :o

I guess it's easier for me since I have back/forward buttons on my mouse but still.
  • SamSam Compulsion Team
    Yeah we need to overhall this entire forum. We haven't quite had the time yet :/