arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

Melon's little art corner !

melonkindmelonkind Member
in Fan Art, Cosplay, Fiction edited September 2016
Hello ! I was going to write an introduction post but I guess it'd be really short since I'm not good with that, so I'll just introduce myself here - Call me Melon, I'm portuguese and I draw things with my tiny cat hands! I could go on and list what I like but It'd be obvious things like old and new videogames and trying to summon the Migthy Yam gods through a portal

If you're on tumblr you might have seen me around the We Happy Few tags, my art blog is melonkind ! I also run the unclejackfunhour blog with 4 other friends
( ^ an actual drawing of me )

These thumbnails will link to their art posts on my blog so you can see the full thing ( so I don't clog the thread with huge images ) ; some of these thumbnails will link to posts with more than one drawing! I tried to organize the thumbnails from the oldest WHF drawing I did to the most recent, so you'll notice the first ones may look a little funny ;v; even now I'm still trying to figure out and decide how I want to draw some characters ( you'll also see some WHF ocs there...! )
If you scroll down and/or click the images in the post in the blog there will be some info about each

EDIT: ?? im not sure whats going on but the links don't seem to be working properly for me, tell me if they work for you? Fixed!

image image image image image image image image image image

& some silly doodles/memes I did that I haven't really posted anywhere:

image image image* image

*About the Quail... I just watched this video at 3AM and couldn't stop laughing when they ran towards the camera ( also they are super cute )

-------

Also, some shameless self advertising if that's okay, but I do commissions ! They're closed right now but they'll be re-opening soon

Shameless self advertising part 2 ( I'm sorry!! ) except it's not for me it's for our unclejackfunhour blog, we just posted a We Happy Few Halloween Art Contest info post yesterday, essentially you have to make up a scary Wellingtonian story/creature, there will be two winners, if you're interested check it out! ( the image is a link ) ( I was also wondering, I hope the team is okay with this? )

That's all for now, hope you like these ! I may be a bit slow updating here since I haven't had much energy to do much lately
  • NailaNaila Moderator, Compulsion Team
    These are amazing! Thank you for sharing :)

We are also totally okay with the contest, we could even advertise it on our social media if you want.
  • @Naila Thank you !!

That'd be super nice!! O: If you want to use any pictures feel free to use the banner thing I made for the post, or you can use the full drawing(s) !
    No problem! Do you have a twitter account ?
  • @Naila I used to, but not anymore :c
    Ok then I will link to the Tumblr page :) Should I use yours or the unclejackfunhour one ?
  • Hmmm well since it's for the contest, I guess it'd be better to link to the unclejackfunhour one o:
  • OtherbuttonsOtherbuttons Member, Moderator, WHF Friends & Family
    Yooo so glad you're about on the forums; your art always makes me smile so much when I see it in the tumblr tag! ♥

I've been meaning to join a fun hour but I've not had the time. ;-; I hope to soon! Love seeing all the entries.
  • I absolutely love your art! You're so dedicated to them!

I've seen them around on tumblr too, glad it's on here now!
  • @Otherbuttons & @BonBon

Thanks ! 'v'
    And about not being able to draw for the prompts/other events in the blog, that's perfectly fine ! When we started the blog we knew a lot of people would be busy now with school and work ( and anyway if a prompt really catches your interest, you can still draw for it and post it even months after, we'll still reblog it to the blog tbh )
  • Here I am once again, I've been a bit quiet because I moved to a new city for studying, I'm studying Illustration & Animation now 'v'

Tonight I bring a doodle I did of a younger Arthur reading spooky stories ( as usual the image is a link to the full thing )

( Also I did see the art contest tweet on twitter, thanks Naila !! )

@Melonkind I hope you got a lot of submissions! Also, this doodle is adorable. I love it when fans add Arthur's pet in them :)
  • OtherbuttonsOtherbuttons Member, Moderator, WHF Friends & Family
    sparky. omg.
    babby arthur is the cutest!
  • @Naila Thanks! And, well... actually we've only had one person post their entry so far haha ;v; I guess there were one or two anons who sounded interested but I haven't seen anything else yet

@Otherbuttons That is 100% True