arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

Mystery House: Spotted = Instant Death!?

I was maybe about 17 game days into a Normal Difficulty/Perma Death game when I tried the mystery house. For the record, I HATE the mystery house, I can never seem to do it correctly, I usually just get the cloth for the treehouse merchant and leave. Well, this time I was determined to do it right. I had on a suit of blending, sneakers, purchased all the stealthy perks from the tree house shop and moved super slow in a crouching position. I still got spotted, over and over but at least this time it TPs you to outside the house, not back in my safehouse, so I got to try again.

The bug:
- I tried to do the quest 3 or 4 times that night. The last time I was spotted, out of nowhere I was dying! I had started with nearly full health and no other negative statuses that I was aware of, yet somehow getting spotted dropped me to blinking red dying and In the middle of the "you've been spotted" animation I couldn't take any actions to apply healing so I died on the spot. This was such a waste of time and I rather ruins this quest that is really not fun because of how terribly difficult it is.

Other encounter feedback:
- Now this new TP method puts you in front of the Mystery House instead of your safe house also put you in a high level of danger of getting attacked instantly by plagued walkers the second you reappear! One of the times I was spotted and TPed out of the house I was ambushed and got the plague almost immediately. There either needs to some sort of grace period where you can get reoriented for a second before getting spotted.

- Sometimes after getting spotted, sometimes the cultists wouldn't reset to their normal positions or paths making it even more difficult to sneak around.