arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

Eric Blair Park Speaker Corner's Glitch?

Hey all,

No matter what I do, I continue to fail the Speaker's Corner quest. I've watched a few run throughs of it online where it had been successfully completed, but I can't seem to complete it doing the same things. Today it failed me when I posted the final flyer, although Arthur went through the dialogue that indicates that portion of the quest had been complete. Usually, it fails me while stopping the angry mob. I am not sure what else to do, I've restarted my game about 4-5 times just to replay this particular quest (not much to do until the other sandboxes are available), but I can't seem to complete it. Does anyone know how to do it? Or is this a glitch? Thank you!
  • LeeLee Member, Compulsion Team
    Hi there,

We have an issue in the early access game where leaving the island or getting too far away from Eric Blair Park when the quest is active will automatically fail it. This has been addressed for the 1.0 release.

What objective is the quest failing on and how far away are you from the park?
    Also, is there toxic fog that spawns close to Eric Blair Park at night which might be killing a quest NPC?

Cheers,
    Lee
  • Pily1319Pily1319 Member
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply! Do you know if there is a set date for the full release yet?

Usually, the quest fails during the 'Let Him Speak' portion of the quest, where interacting with angry mob NPCs while inside the park results in a failure.

Or, sometimes, I've also had it fail me after posting the final, third poster. I'll walk away and it will say complete, then update as failed. Other times it's just updated as failed as soon as the poster is successfully up.

There isn't any toxic fog around the area that has impacted quest NPCs that I am aware of.

I use a PC when I play, if that means anything.