arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

Cosplay Thread! Show off your Happy Face.~

• OtherbuttonsOtherbuttons Member, Moderator, WHF Friends & Family
    edited August 2016

And another. ♥ They're taking a little longer than I thought to edit, so I apologize for the multiple posts.
  • NailaNaila Moderator, Compulsion Team
    @Otherbuttons! You look amazing! May I post these on our twitter?
    @Naila
    Thank youuu~ Go for it! I cosplay as much for other people's enjoyment as my own. 8>
  • Dressed up as a Wellie for my Halloween party. Kept yelling 'You don't belong here' and 'I'm calling the authorities!'... Nobody got it. :(

@Ghretto Wow the whole costume is amazing, but can we talk about that beehive for a moment?! Dayummm
  • My best friend Steph is a cosmetologist and when I told her to give me a crazy beehive.. .well, this is what happened! I kind of love it. :P

• cmcsweecmcswee Member
    edited July 2016
    Me at Montreal Comic Con 2016:
    imageimage
    @cmcswee No way!! You look great, did anyone recognize you?
  • hey guys I am trying to cosplay this at New York Comic Con. I am not a pro cosplayer by any means and I don't have a lot of money so I am trying to figure out the cheapest way to do this. I am planning on buying a police uniform and one of those bobby hats. I was thinking of a cheap white mask like some of you have done. I would be afraid of paint smearing. So any mask tips would be appreciated. Also does anyone know of any sort of little light I can stick on the front of the hat for that flashlight effect? and finally if anyone here is going to NYCC who also plans to cosplay this please let me know so we can meet up! thank you
    bump!
  • I'm currently working on a Tracer cosplay from Overwatch, but playing We Happy Few has made me want to chunk in the Tracer cosplay and make a Wellie cosplay, I'd love to learn more about Uncle Jacks mask!
    @JackMaher
    If you look on page 1, we discussed quite a bit on the masks and Naila even mentioned how the live action mask was made. It's a really interesting read!~

(also unrelated, but I'm stoked you're using my fanart as an icon aaa. ♥ )
  • @otherbuttons
    I love your fan art, as soon as I saw it I had to have it as my profile picture! Hope you dont mind :)
  • Already ordering components to go as a Wellington Wells Bobby for Halloween.
  • Fortunately, British police officer helmet and outfit is not exactly an impossibly way her costume to find, and white face paint is available year-round, in most cities.

Getting the make up applied to look right, however will be the issue. I am no cosmetics whiz.
  • I would like to humbly request someone who has done the make up project, and knows their way with the process to maybe do a little how-to.

One need only look to the old home Star Runner.com Halloween costume episodes, the fan costume episodes,, see how disastrous trying to paint your face white can end up when you don't know what you're doing.
  • Going to be going as a Wellie for PAX West this year. I am so excited! My friend is a professional makeup artist and he's going to do my makeup that morning. I wish it would hurry up and get here! Although I'm thinking of going with a shocker as a weapon rather than a rolling pin. Also going to have bottles of Joy for folks (sweet tarts in cute bottles) for those who recognize what I'm cosplaying! I'll post photos that day for everyone to see!
  • fromthewoodsfromthewoods Member, Moderator
    @cmcswee Thats awesome, you look truly psycho with that mask haha
  • @Naila Thanks! :D

I had one woman near the "Indie Games" section of MTL Comic Con complement the costume (I'm assuming she knew what I was, considering WHF is probably one of the more famous independent games coming out this year).

I had another guy who didn't know what I was, but asked to take a photo anyway as he liked the costume :D
  • @fromthewoods LOL, you know you've done something right when you're getting terrified looks from small children and adults alike ;D

• does anyone have suggestions on good sites to buy things for my Wellie cosplay? I am going to be a police officer, and looking for a place to get a somewhat cheap officer costume. I found a few options for the hat, but the suit is a bit harder. Also I still have not found a small round and flat light to put on the front of my hat
  • ok so I need some help from cosplayers. I am new to face paint.
    @anubis316 Someone on twitter said that Snazaroo clown white face paint is the best to make the white masks. Hope it helps!
  • anubis316anubis316 Member
    edited September 2016
    [imagephoto c8c6b6d8-fae0-4754-ac96-2334269f52ed.jpg I am getting close to being ready for NYCC
  • HorrorshowHorrorshow Member, Moderator
    @anubis316 Looking good! Where'd you find the uniform?
  • @horrorshow Amazon, I am real happy with the helmet, I bought a touch light and glued it to a bobbie hat.
  • anubis316anubis316 Member
    edited October 2016
    This happened!!!!!! image
    BTW this is Alex Epstein the narrative director. I will be posting a video on youtube talking about my cosplay experience with it, how well it worked, and a little how to so other people can do this too.
    edited October 2016
    @Anubis316 So happy you got to meet up with @Alex in NY! You both look fantastic :)
  • Here is a video to help anyone who want's to cosplay
    MCM Expo (Sunday) and Halloween cosplays sorted!

I'm just rewearing Wastrel because I haven't taken her out for a spin in a long time and my friends totally decided to cosplay Wellies without me even bugging them. I have the best friends. ♥ The one on the left is my partner after we went on a charity shop spree and I co-ordinated him a relitively 60s outfits to the colour specifications of a Wellie. There'll be facepaint in the final one.~