arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

State of the game (Xbox)

Hey there!

I couldn't find any related info on the forums so far, and information in dev updates/journals is somewhat confusing for me (I apologise if I missed something, as I am not that frequent on these forums).

- Anyway, question is, what is the current state of the game (content wise), and release for Xbox platform (content wise)?
As I seen in some dev updates in January, game is declared feature complete. However, on Xbox, it's still just partial as far as I can see (bought the game 1,5 years ago, played it just recently again to check how it goes on XboneX), and most apparently, it's missing playable characters? If I recall correctly, there should be 3 of them, and we have just that English chap at the moment. With that in mind, and giving the fact that game is content complete, that means we won't get those features (or any other promised features) in final game or?

- I seen that there is season pass already in store, but it can't be purchased separately (again, talking about Xbox store), it's just part of that deluxe bundle (or whatever is precise name). Since I own the game as in Preview (still is), I won't be able to purchase DLC separately?

- Lastly, there are pre-ordering bonuses mentioned (some weapon at some sort). I don't care about that stuff, but I presume all folks that bought the game in Preview programme on Xbox will get those bonuses (or bonus, if it's just 1). Is my presumption correct?

Thanks in advance for your time and answers!
  • If I am also understanding correctly, Pc and Xbox are both at the same point update-wise. While the game may be declared feature complete, I believe they're waiting to finish all the things they're working on before the game is fully released for both systems. We won't be able to get much of a glimpse of the other playable characters until after release. Mainly so they could keep some sort of surprise for us.

I'm not really sure about your second question. According to the Season Pass' store page, it should work with either version of We Happy Few.

I know your presumption is correct for pc players. I think it applies to xbox players as well. And it is a weapon, but I can't remember which thread they mentioned it in.
  • I was actually wondering the same things, about the Season Pass and the pre-order bonuses. I saw in a journal update today that there will be an exclusive weapon (an umbrella) and I ASSUME that people who bought the Xbox Game Preview will get it, but I'm not positive. I hope so! Not sure how that gets rolled out, but as long as we get it I suppose that part doesn't matter.

I also assume that we'll be able to buy the Season Pass separately once the game is fully released, but again that's just an assumption.

The last major update for Xbox One was the Maidenholm Update last year; we will get the full update once the game is released (not sure when that is supposed to happen).

If you don't get answers here, email them. I've had great luck with the Compulsion Support people! Looks like 50 pages of spam hit the forum in the last 2 days, so these posts all got buried. :(