arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

How to questions / looking for up-to-date guide

Hello!

I just started playing We Happy Few. It's a great game so far, but I'm definitely feeling a learning curve. With most games, I do a quick google search for the thing I want to know about, and generally find it within 0-5 minutes. This has not been the case with We Happy Few. I've tried the official gamepedia, but all the articles seem to be stubs without helpful information. I've tried Steam Guides and Let's Play videos, but everything I've found is from about a year ago, and I don't trust that the information is still valid given the game's in alpha.

Does anyone know of an updated guide or wiki?

My current questions:
How do I equip or use a jimmy bar? Is it usable only at night?
How do I turn raw meat into jerky or another edible form? Does it involve a campfire?

Thank you!
  • HorrorshowHorrorshow Member, Moderator
    You don't equip a Jimmy Bar, you just have to walk up to a window/crate and the prompt to pry it open with the 'v' key should pop up.

To make Jerky, you will also need Saltpeter, which are usually located in the kitchen cupboards in Hamlyn.
  • So if I'm walking up to windows and doors at night, with a jimmy bar in my inventory, and not getting this option, is that a bug? I only get the option to "open" the door, which does not work because it's locked. I do not get anything at windows. Perhaps only some windows can be used with a jimmy bar?

I've even been told that I need a jimmy bar to perform an action when walking inside phone booths. But I have it in my inventory. I actually have 2 because I accidentally made a second.

That makes sense for the jerky. So until I get saltpeter, I can't really do anything with the raw meat, except eat it and take a chance on food poisoning?
  • HorrorshowHorrorshow Member, Moderator
    edited August 30
    You can consume the raw meat if absolutely necessary, just be sure to have a Neximide pill to cure the food poisoning. You also have the option to sell it.

Do the stuck doors only happen in the Garden District? And have you tried lock picking the doors?