arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

Can you please put something Austin Powers in WHF?

So, you're Canadian. Mike Myers is also Canadian. You're making a game set in 1960s England. Mike Myers also has a body of work starring a protagonist fr--okay, we both know where this is going by this point, so I'll cut right to it: please add an Austin Powers-ish extra into We Happy Few.

I know New Line Cinema technically owns the rights to the Austin Powers franchise, but you could have a Boston Bowers, or a Dustin Flowers, or a Thrust-in Showers, or...you know what, you have enough creative people on your team to think of something less rampantly ripoff-y while still being clever about it. Whether he'd be a regular ol' junkie for Joy with a residence in Wellington Wells, or surprisingly recast as a Downer in the various crumbling ghettos; or just an Easter-egg costume for our precious Artie Hastings, it almost seems a given that WHF should have some loving tribute to the other lasting remnant of the UK's psychedelic '60s culture.

Also, I realize the budget is probably tight, but even better would be a random cameo from a certain..."Shmike Shmyers."
  • NailaNaila Moderator, Compulsion Team
    We currently have one in the game and are planning on adding more!

• Iris_LockspurIris_Lockspur Member, Moderator
    You should see what the Fab Threads crafting menu art looks like. It's groovy, baby.
  • lisalisa Member, Compulsion Team
    odacaesar: We are also big Austin Powers fans! I think you will enjoy some of the things we have in store!
  • EricEric Compulsion Team
    Pretty sure I remember a conversation about sneaking something in a while back. ;)
  • I would love a mission called "the spy who shagged me"
  • AlexAlex Compulsion Team
    I believe at least one of the dlc's will be truly shagadelic, baby. More than than I cannot say.
  • ZhuzhaZhuzha Member
    edited August 19
    I believe at least one of the dlc's will be truly shagadelic, baby.
    "Dream Downer" - WHF dating sim - confirmed!
  • BagrotBagrot Member
    Me thinks me must learn to do me research befores me commits to a product :(

I know I am in a minority here, especially given that a fair whack of the Compulsion team has commented. I'll just spill it, not an Austin Powers/Mike Myers fan. So that does make me a bit

Never the less, I will endeavor to behave myself while a guest in Wellington Wells. :) Perhaps fate will intervene and the Easter Bunny will do a really good job hiding said eggs and I will miss a few of the less obvious ones. :)

Otherwise, enjoying what I have experienced thus far. I don't think I have caught on to the eggs in question. As a side, I enjoy Contrast as well. So I am a fan of yours. And for what it is worth to you, color me one of the Happys not upset by the whole Gearbox situation. Bottom line; a wee bit miffed. Still looking forward to April 13th though.