arrow-left arrow-right close decoration email facebook hr-decoration logo_small menu-decoration next prev twitter youtube
Welcome!

Welcome! This is where we talk about things, like games, space and pancakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Steam

Laptop user question

I wanted to asked what type of laptop would be recommended for playing this type of game or what type of laptop you guys have that it works great on
  • I have an ASUS ROG gaming laptop and it works great on High settings. I'm at work so I can't remember all the exact specs, but I believe it's a quad core i7, 2.6 gHz, NIVIDA GTX 980 graphics card. I also bought a 500GB SSD that I still haven't gotten around to switching out with the stock HD, so I'm sure it'll run even smoother once I do that. It's a good laptop and I don't have any problems running the games I play. My biggest and only real complaint is the material it's made of shows every single fingerprint, but it's not that big of a deal lol
  • Thank you!
  • My laptop is an HP DV6-6135dx, with Dual Graphics (6620G and 6750M AMD) and quad-core processing (A8-3500M). Would I be able to run it?
  • NailaNaila Moderator, Compulsion Team
    Hello,

There was also a similar thread in the Off topic forum which might be useful http://compulsiongames.com/forum/discussion/571/gaming-laptop-advice#latest
  • Great post.
  • kylekyle Member
    edited September 15
    Hello Nellie, it's a real question when you only have a Labtop to play. I think the best choice for money is to take one with a GPU 1050 Ti Graphic Card with 4Go of Memory (the 1060 is more powerfull and VR compatible, but warmer...). The CPU doesn't matter if it is a 4 Cores, it's enough. But I7 like 7700 is better ;)