So this week was a big week! Naila, Whitney, Sam and Guillaume flew to LA for E3. We were lucky enough to be invited by Microsoft to be on stage during their press conference where we were able to reveal the intro of We Happy Few and our Early Access / Game Preview release date: July 26th. In case you missed it, you can still watch the video on this link:
We also had 4 stations on the Xbox booth so we spent the whole event with people who tried our game. It looks like you like what we have to show so far! We’ve received 17 awards and nominations including Curse, Unreal, VG 24/7 and IGN for best adventure game, where we’re competing with...err...The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
This is something that wouldn't have been possible without you guys - our Kickstarter supporters, PAX players, dev friends and everyone else. Thank you.
Globally, we’re overwhelmed with the amazing support we received this whole week and it gives us enough energy to recharge for the last sprint before release.
A few answers to FAQ, as a recap:
- The game will be available on Steam Early Access, Xbox One Game Preview and GOG.com Game in development on July 26th 2016,
- We’re targeting the Full Release for early 2017,
- We haven’t announced the price yet, but we will in the coming weeks,
- The scene we showed introduces the game, and will be part of the July 26 launch. We want to remind you guys that the rest of Arthur's story will be coming on 1.0. Game Preview and Early Access will be all about the gameplay. If we haven't been clear enough about this, please let us know and we'll explain further,
- We’re still working on the soundtrack, we’ll keep you posted later.
And now we’re back at the office to make sure we deliver a fun Early Access experience!
Thanks for tuning in!
You can discuss this here.